Walking with God

By faith Enoch was taken up so that he did not see death, and he was not to be found because God took him up. For before his removal he had been commended as having pleased God.  Hebrews 11:5

“Good morning, God. Thank you for the sleep that You blessed me with last night. For the smooth sheets on my bed and the soft light in the room. Thank You for the plans You have for me today.”

“LORD, my feet have hit the floor and I’m starting to feel what hurts. It took me longer to get out of bed than I feel like it should have. Is it laziness? I hope not. I don’t mean to be lazy. Everything hurts, and I know that it will do better when I get up and get moving, but it’s hard to summon the motivation to prove that. Please help me to move through the pain and get to the point of function.”

“Thank You, LORD, for hot water. For running water. That I don’t have to walk hours to bring water home to my  family, but it comes right out of the pipes. I recognize it for the blessing that it is and I am so thankful. Help the heat and water to work on my muscles this morning.”

“Yep, that’s me in the mirror. I still sometimes struggle with recognizing that because I look so different than I think I do. I’m so much… rounder. The flushing makes me struggle to identify with myself as well. LORD, you formed me in my mother’s womb and by you I was fearfully and wonderfully made. You do not make mistakes. Help me to accept myself for the beautiful creation that my theology says I am, even though my society-influenced mind argues with that.”

“Father, I lift up my family to You this morning. You know what is going on in their lives far beyond what I do. I thank You for the incredible relationships I am blessed with in them. Open their eyes and their hearts to Your love at work all around them. Use Your Holy Spirit to draw them deeper into relationship with You. Guide them in their lives, their work, their relationships. Open doors of opportunity and close them according to Your perfect will and plan. Help me to live a life before them that points to You.”

“Jesus, go before me in this day and open my eyes to see what You would have me see. Help me to not miss opportunities You have for me. Give me courage to step out in faith. Oh, and thank You for that adorable lady bug!”

Here’s the Thing: I don’t think walking with God is supposed to be complicated or regimented. I don’t think it’s supposed to be hidden behind the walls of a convent. I think we’re supposed to invite Him into our every day, into our every moment. Talk to Him. Engage with Him. It makes a difference!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Next Crazy Thing

At least it's not bad news

When "Wait and See" Wouldn't Sound so Bad