Let Me Tell Ya Bout My Jesus

1 Peter 3:15-16a NLT - Instead, you must worship Christ as Lord of your life. And if someone asks about your Christian hope, always be ready to explain it. But do this in a gentle and respectful way.
Anne Wilson

Are you past the point of weary?
Is your burden weighing heavy?
Is it all too much to carry?
Let me tell you 'bout my Jesus

Matthew 11:28 NLT Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.

Do you feel that empty feeling?
'Cause shame's done all its stealing
Psalms 34:5 NLT Those who look to him for help will be radiant with joy; no shadow of shame will darken their faces.
John 4:9-10, 25-26, 28-30 NLT - The woman was surprised, for Jews refuse to have anything to do with Samaritans. She said to Jesus, "You are a Jew, and I am a Samaritan woman. Why are you asking me for a drink?" Jesus replied, "If you only knew the gift God has for you and who you are speaking to, you would ask me, and I would give you living water." ... The woman said, "I know the Messiah is coming--the one who is called Christ. When he comes, he will explain everything to us." Then Jesus told her, "I AM the Messiah!" ... The woman left her water jar beside the well and ran back to the village, telling everyone, "Come and see a man who told me everything I ever did! Could he possibly be the Messiah?" So the people came streaming from the village to see him.

And you're desperate for some healing
Let me tell you 'bout my Jesus

Mark 5:25-30, 33-34 NLT - A woman in the crowd had suffered for twelve years with constant bleeding. She had suffered a great deal from many doctors, and over the years she had spent everything she had to pay them, but she had gotten no better. In fact, she had gotten worse. She had heard about Jesus, so she came up behind him through the crowd and touched his robe. For she thought to herself, "If I can just touch his robe, I will be healed." Immediately the bleeding stopped, and she could feel in her body that she had been healed of her terrible condition. Jesus realized at once that healing power had gone out from him, so he turned around in the crowd and asked, "Who touched my robe?" ... Then the frightened woman, trembling at the realization of what had happened to her, came and fell to her knees in front of him and told him what she had done. And he said to her, "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace. Your suffering is over."

He makes a way where there ain't no way
John 14:1-6 NLT - "Don't let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. There is more than enough room in my Father's home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am. And you know the way to where I am going." "No, we don't know, Lord," Thomas said. "We have no idea where you are going, so how can we know the way?" Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.

Rises up from an empty grave
Matthew 28:6 NLT - He isn't here! He is risen from the dead, just as he said would happen. Come, see where his body was lying.

Ain't no sinner that He can't save
Mark 5:2-5, 15, 18-20 NLT - When Jesus climbed out of the boat, a man possessed by an evil spirit came out from a cemetery to meet him. This man lived among the burial caves and could no longer be restrained, even with a chain. Whenever he was put into chains and shackles--as he often was--he snapped the chains from his wrists and smashed the shackles. No one was strong enough to subdue him. Day and night he wandered among the burial caves and in the hills, howling and cutting himself with sharp stones. ... A crowd soon gathered around Jesus, and they saw the man who had been possessed by the legion of demons. He was sitting there fully clothed and perfectly sane, and they were all afraid. ... As Jesus was getting into the boat, the man who had been demon possessed begged to go with him. But Jesus said, "No, go home to your family, and tell them everything the Lord has done for you and how merciful he has been." So the man started off to visit the Ten Towns of that region and began to proclaim the great things Jesus had done for him; and everyone was amazed at what he told them.

Let me tell you 'bout my Jesus

His love is strong and His grace is free
Ephesians 2:8 NLT - God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can't take credit for this; it is a gift from God.

And the good news is I know that He
Can do for you what He's done for me
Let me tell you 'bout my Jesus
And let my Jesus change your life
Hallelujah, hallelujah
Hallelujah, amen, amen

Who can wipe away the tears
From broken dreams and wasted years
And tell the past to disappear? Oh
Let me tell you 'bout my Jesus
Revelation 21:4 NLT - He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever."

And all the wrong turns that you would
Go and undo if you could
Who can work it all for your good
Let me tell you 'bout my Jesus
Genesis 50:20 NLT - You intended to harm me, but God intended it all for good. He brought me to this position so I could save the lives of many people.
Romans 8:28 NLT - And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.


Who would take my cross to Calvary?

Pay the price for all my guilty?
Who would care that much about me?
Let me tell you 'bout my Jesus
John 19:17-18, 30 NLT - Carrying the cross by himself, he went to the place called Place of the Skull (in Hebrew, Golgotha). There they nailed him to the cross. Two others were crucified with him, one on either side, with Jesus between them. ... When Jesus had tasted it, he said, "It is finished!" Then he bowed his head and released his spirit.

He makes a way where there ain't no way
Rises up from an empty grave
Ain't no sinner that He can't save
Let me tell you 'bout my Jesus
His love is strong and His grace is free
And the good news is I know that He
Can do for you what He's done for me

Let me tell you 'bout my Jesus
And let my Jesus change your life



Note: Lyrics from the song are written above in italics and are not my words
I invite you to watch the Lyric Video Here
All the scripture in this post is from the New Living Translation. And was copied from the Blue Letter Bible.

Comments

  1. Beautiful! I am so thankful for “our” Jesus and his sacrifice to save me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Reflections on Having a Brain Tumor

Guest Post: How are you doing?

The Call That Changes Your Life