We fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen


 


Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

 2Co 4:16-18 NIV

    It's been nearly a year that I've been on this journey. Really, it's a continuation of a journey I've been on far longer, actually all my life.  None of it has been easy, but I feel like I'm past the worst bits.  Today I live in the reality that I have a brain tumor.  That's tough.  I also deal with the pain and challenges brought on by Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and Lyme Disease.  My days are pretty simple, without room for complication.  80% or more of my energy is devoted to doing what I have to to maintain life.  Pacing is a tool I've had to learn inside and out, managing my spoons so to speak.  I get lost mentally quite easily, coming back to myself and realizing I've lost minutes or more.  That adds to not getting anything done fast. It's taught me to appreciate the things in life all the more though.  I take the time to slow down and enjoy my food, noting it's flavors and textures.  A cup of coffee can feel like a mini vacation. I've incorporated tools that help manage some of the discomforts and challenges I face. I think I'll write a few posts on them as others might benefit as well. And of course, my husband is my biggest earthly blessing!  He's been so amazing through all of this and I am so grateful for him.

Here's the thing: Inwardly I am being renewed day by day.  I have strength for each day, for what needs to be done. My troubles are light and momentary.  As I see what so many are facing in the world today, I see that I am truly and deeply blessed.  I fix my eyes not on the challenges I face, but on the unseen eternal, on how God is shaping me to be the person He has designed me to be. 



Comments

  1. Inspirational, thank you for sharing your journey with us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Reflections on Having a Brain Tumor

Guest Post: How are you doing?

The Call That Changes Your Life