It's All too Real

It's when I'm "with" my people that I'm most acutely aware of my conditions. This week is the annual EDS conference in Dublin, Ireland which I am attending virtually. Last year was the first time I did this and it was a shocking eye opener. Hearing so many others share identical symptoms was my first reality check that I did, in fact, have EDS. My life was changed. I've had EDS all my life, but knowing it made me see everything differently. 
Today I'm at the hospital for my three-month post op from brain surgery. As I sit in the prep area, waiting for my MRI, I'm reminded that I have a brain tumor. That's why I'm here and that's why I'll be back here periodically for the rest of my life. To check and see if the tumor has grown, if I have to have surgery again. Tears well up in my eyes thinking about it. 

Here's the thing: There's no point in worrying, it won't change anything, but that doesn't stop the anxiety from squeezing my chest.

Comments

  1. Praying for courage to get through the testing, every time it’s needed. Praying for strength to keep going through all you have to endure. Praying for comfort and for peace in this season.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Reflections on Having a Brain Tumor

Guest Post: How are you doing?

The Call That Changes Your Life