Salty Zebra Update

 


    So I didn't end up writing a post every day of October, but I did write 24 posts!  That's pretty impressive in my book and I call it a win.  Especially since writing 24 instead of 31 meant I was able to prioritize my health and get the rest I need instead of becoming a slave to a challenge.

    What did I learn from last month?  I was reminded of why I began blogging here.  I wanted a place to be able to share about my thoughts and feelings and passions.  I wanted to be able to record where I'm at in time. I wanted to create a safe space where others can come and feel heard and seen.  I think I am finally beginning to do that.  I learned that I can write several times a week and not struggle to come up with content.  I'm overflowing with content! I also think I found my primary blog topics.  I'd like to be intentional here about covering health, faith, and travel.  As I look back over my posts those themes keep repeating themselves.  There are a few bloggers out there that cover disabled travel, but I haven't found any from the perspective of chronic illness.  I also have the unique perspective of someone who flies non rev (standby) and there are very few bloggers out there in that niche.  When I first started to learn about standby travel, I noticed the lack and perhaps I can help fill that gap as well.  

    To be completely honest, there's a part of me that feels disappointed and a little ashamed that I did not meet my goal of blogging every day. But that's the same part that wants to push through and cross my limits and not acknowledge that a healthy life is lived within healthy boundaries.  This has been one more chance to practice grace for myself and choosing the right thing. 

Here's the thing: I'm more excited about going forward with this blog now.  I have yet to develop a healthy rhythm, but I think I'm getting closer to finding it.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflections on Having a Brain Tumor

Guest Post: How are you doing?

The Call That Changes Your Life