A Week in Orlando: Taking a break

 


    After a brief but busy visit to the Disney World Resort area, I thought it would be best to take a break day before heading out on a cruise.  Turns out I would need it more than I realized!

    Tuesday evening I dropped the power wheelchair off at the Disney resort I had stayed at and took a Lyft to WorldMark Kingstown Reef about 20 minutes away in Orlando.  I've never been to this resort, but it was opposite to everything I had experience the last two nights.  

    Physically, I was done on arrival.  It took everything I had to make it to my room, which of course was in the back of the resort furthest from the lobby.  I wonder if that's just a default that computers like to fill rooms in from the back to the front?  There was also bricked sidewalk for half of it. I had never noticed what a popular aesthetic feature brick sidewalk is before I struggled with navigating them.  

    My room was on the fourth floor for which I was very grateful because it meant I didn't have any neighbors above me.  For that matter, I only ever heard one other neighbor in any direction.  The first evening as I sat on the balcony I could hear a couple across from me talking on their balcony, but aside from that one conversation it was almost like I was all alone there.  After the constant noise, especially from happy or not so happy kids, of the Disney resort the quiet was a wonderful change up!

    I think it was really helpful for me to take a day to just rest in between two very busy, active parts of my trip.  I anticipated a more restful time on the cruise, but it didn't turn out that way.

Here's the thing:  You never know what's coming next, so take rest where you can find it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflections on Having a Brain Tumor

Guest Post: How are you doing?

The Call That Changes Your Life