Day 12: Prolotherapy: The continuing saga




     Today I visited my Physio's office and we discussed my next steps. Based on the suggestion of the PT who did my assessment, they agreed to try a Facet block at my T5-6 and T11-12 (at different times) to see if it would affect the pain in other parts of my back, particularly my low back. This will determine whether it would be beneficial to pursue Prolotherapy on these joints.   

       As we talked though, the PA I was meeting with became more concerned with my ankles than my back. I can't tell you how disappointing this was to me. The pain in my back has been so bad for so long and I've been holding out hope that prolo would help it. I let the PA know how much I'd like to do the back first, before the ankles, and she said we can do that if I'd prefer. Now, of course, I'm second guessing that because of how passionate she was about how much working on the ankles would affect.

     The current plan of attack is to try a Facet block on whichever back joint is flaring the most when I go in next week, and see if it helps. Then, I will visit with the main physio in November and we'll plot our course!

Here's the thing: Nothing is certain. This might help, it might hurt, it might do nothing. But I really feel like I have to try, to give it my best shot. The SI prolo seemed to help structurally, even if it didn't decrease my pain. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflections on Having a Brain Tumor

Guest Post: How are you doing?

The Call That Changes Your Life