Community

 


    One of the main reasons I am writing this blog is to find my community.  Because of the conditions I deal with, I find it very difficult to get out and meet people and then maintain in-person relationships.  I'm an introvert at heart so being social is draining, but at the same time I have come to realize that it is critical.  It is so easy to become isolated when your health traps you in your home.  Yes, in this post-Covid world we have a bunch of options for connecting virtually like zoom and teams, but it's hard to meet people that way. Also, people around me don't get me.  I look fine, they don't understand why I can't go for a walk or go to a party or volunteer with them.  They don't understand what it would cost me if I did.  Sometimes I do because it's worth it, but I can't do those things on a regular basis.  I'd love to connect with people that get what my life is like, people I can be real with. I've hoped that by putting myself out there on this blog I would come across others like me who are limited but still desiring connection.  

Here's the thing: I know that if I feel this way there are others out there that do too.  If you're interested in growing and learning along with me, you can click the "Follow me!" link on the left to stay updated with your favorite blog reader.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflections on Having a Brain Tumor

Guest Post: How are you doing?

The Call That Changes Your Life